80% of customers prefer shopping online, due to which the eCommerce industry is rapidly reaching a new boom. So, the requirement for an eCommerce payment gateway is also increasing day by day.
Multiple payment gateways are becoming popular in the eCommerce ecosystem. On average, a website is having two to three payment gateway options to provide flexibility to its customers.
On a requirement basis, multiple payment gateways have been tailored competitively in the payment industry. Are you in a plight to choosing the right eCommerce payment gateway?
Come on, let us help you in making this task simple. This article will take you to an extensive list of payment gateways with the features they have for you and your eCommerce website.
eCommerce Payment Gateway | Features
An eCommerce payment gateway is a service that allows you to process credit card payments for eCommerce businesses. There are many options for payment gateways but the best one has shared a few additional features.
- Transaction charges. The cost plays a vital role in selecting the right eCommerce payment gateway. The difference of a fraction makes a huge effect on the funds that merchants receive when high volumes of transactions are processed. Usually, there is a fixed processing fee along with a variable fee according to the card service provider. Before integration, you must understand all types of fees associated.
- Data Encryption. As all the gateways offer some level of encryption but it is more important to invest in a payment gateway with a strong track history. Hackers are trying to decrypt the data that is transferred because most businesses are operating online. That’s why you will need to look for a payment gateway that is PCI compliant. That includes securing data by TLS when transferring, along with a secure website that uses HTTPS.
- Geolocation service. It offers different prices, sales, and also events according to the region. A payment gateway having this feature is convenient for both the customers and merchants. It also offers a valuable feature in your marketing efforts.
- Multi-currency allowance. As we know that an eCommerce business has a global reach. A merchant may sell across the world and would never want to stay limited with the options available in the payment gateway. Moreover, a customer never wants to pay in a foreign currency as it will cost him an exchange fee. So, the merchants of every country should be able to receive payments in their local currency.
What is the process of eCommerce Payments?
An eCommerce payment gateway allows merchants to receive payments from customer for purchasing any product or service. And the money can come via credit card, ACH, NEFT, or any other mode.
When a customer purchases anything online, they pay electronically. That payment must follow these steps before the merchant receives the payments.
- Checkout. Firstly, the customer goes through the checkout process and then enters the payment information.
- Transferring information. A secure payment gateway will receive the credit card details and other payment information. After encryption, it is transmitted to the payment processor.
- Issuing bank acceptance. If you are using a credit card, the payment processor authorizes the issuing bank. If the transaction is legitimate, it is usual for the bank to reach out to the customer also to double-check. It only happens when the purchase is expensive or through an unknown source.
- Transaction approval. When the bank authorizes a payment, the payment processor confirms a successful purchase. Then the information is passed for shipping and fulfillment.
- Fund transferring. When the transaction is performed by the customer, the merchant does not receive the funds immediately. After some days, the eCommerce accounting software will receive the funds successfully.
Types of eCommerce payment gateway
A website with an eCommerce payment gateway builds a trusted and strong relationship with the customers. It adds to the credibility of the eCommerce website. Payment gateways have taken different strategies to make online payment processing easy for both the merchant and the customer. Here is the list of payment gateways for your eCommerce website:
- Hosted Payment Gateways – A hosted payment gateway means that the service provider redirects the checkout page to their servers. Web developers like these payment gateways as it is in they sense of outsourcing and easy to integrate.
- API accessed payment gateways – These payment gateways are preferred by those merchants who do not want to pass their customer’s payment details to other servers. They are flexible but require a lot of effort from a web developer.
- Direct payment gateways offered by payment service providers – It is the most powerful payment gateway and a web developer can make it a complete part of an eCommerce website or application. But it is complicated and requires good development skills to implement.
- Platform-centered payment gateways – Shopify is the perfect example of platform-centered payment gateways, where a merchant only needs to create an account, maintain stocks, and use the existing payment gateway. Contact us to grab more information about Web Development Services.
How can you choose the best eCommerce Payment Gateway solution?
With the mushroom growth of payment gateway providers, it has become more typical to opt for the most appropriate payment gateway solution. However, there is no fixed measuring scale to select the best one. But you can analyze the below-mentioned factors before making a selection:
- The volume of transactions that process: Website credibility depends on how easier and securely a transaction is processing. The success ratio of a good payment gateway is around 95%. Your customers would never like to be hanging between the successful or unsuccessful stage. You’ll have to perform a proper market analysis before processing your transactions.
- Security Features: Your customer trusts the payment gateway by providing their sensitive payment details. A payment processor should encrypt the data before passing it to another server. Because no one can compromise at any cost.
When a website has multiple payment gateways, its security needs to be perfect and done by choosing the most secure eCommerce payment gateway. A feature-packed payment gateway with lower security standards has to be a clear NO.
- Easy Integration and Management: Payment service providers work through the complete software development cycle and must not take a lot of time for integrating into an eCommerce payment gateway. There is no shortcut to it but do not get involved in too many complex payment gateways, as they are the only one who has to be responsible for its management later on.
Tax Calculation: If you are going to sell to customers outside your state, taxes will be different. Let your payment gateway provider handle those calculations. HighRisk Gateways provides automatic tax calculations.
Features may be different, but a website with an eCommerce payment gateway must stay secure and easy to use. So, integrate a payment gateway into the website to provide the facility for card payments, eWallet payments.
HighRisk Gateways provides you with the best payment gateway solutions. We have an expert team that will be available 24*7 for your support.
To grab more information regarding an eCommerce payment gateway for your website. You can talk to HighRisk Gateway’s business advisor. We promise you the best assistance. For any further queries regarding the payment gateway, you can contact us without hesitation.